St Andrews has many fine eateries, cafes, pubs and places you can relax
during your time here.
Here are a few below, some of them have downloadable pdf vouchers but also look out for vouchers in your welcome packs!
Aikman's and Cellar Bar
- (32 Bell Street) is the place to be for a cheeky pint with friends. Both the local population and those travelling from further afield know Aikman's for the quality of its food as well as for the widest and probably most interesting Drinks list. This year, they celebrated their 20th year in the CAMRA "Good Beer Guide". Complementing this with live music at least 3 times a week, Aikman's is the musician's favourite!
- (7 Bell Street) is a small but cosy café right in the centre of town. It features a bounty of baked goods as well as superior coffee, and the scones are the worst-kept secret among the student population! The soups and paninis are great for an on-the-go lunch, but don't be fooled by the small shop opening - there's a spacious upstairs, perfect for forgetting the bustle of the town for an hour or two.
- the Prince of Pubs (40 The Scores) forms a great night life for residents of the hotel and a great haunt for the students and locals alike. Weekends are lively with guest DJs and Bands. With its huge selection of lagers and imported bottled beers it will give you plenty to choose from. If these aren't to your taste why not try something from their extensive range of spirits and cocktails. There is also a fabulous food menu available in Ma Bells, from lunch in a Jiffy to a Homemade Ma Burger.
10% discount on all food in Ma Bells, served between 12 noon and 9.30pm
- a family-run restaurant, serving high quality Bangladeshi/Indian cuisine to the people of this beautifully historic town for the last 29 years. The head chef has been with the restaurant for 26 of those years. Balaka prides itself on using the finest ingredients, sourcing these locally whenever possible, in addition to the produce from their half-acre organic herb garden located to the rear of the kitchen. Having this type of fresh ingredient makes the cuisine very special. Feel free to ask the staff for a tour of the garden when you visit!DOWNLOAD a voucher for The Balaka, for all WSC participants, giving you 10% off in the restaurant or as a take-away
- Are you a rascal? Rascal's Bar prides itself as an affordable provider of excellent food and drink, and it is open to children for food before 19:30. A pool table, 2 sky boxes in HD 3D, cocktails and a great food menu ensures something for everyone! Great deals throughout, including 'Beer and Burger', 'Wine and Wings', 2 selected meals for £9, and specials! We host live music, DJ events, and Sunday Quiz Nights at 8pm!
There is a 10% discount off food at the bar for anyone that is part of the WSC.
1 Golf Place
- located within a 30 second walk of the world famous St Andrews Old Course golf course and the Royal & Ancient Clubhouse (R&A). There has been a hotel on the site since 1827, in a townhouse steeped with both history and a modern flair. The busy bar downstairs has a large selection of great beers, wines and a large variety of spirits. Home-made food is served all day from our traditional menu. There is live music in the bar on many nights of the week.View Golf Place Flyer
- The Rule (116 South Street) is famous for its food specials (9am - 9pm): a full breakfast and drink for £3.75, 2 for 1 pizza & pasta Wednesdays, kids eat FREE on selected dates) . Plus, an extensive drink range premium lagers on draft and local real ales on hand pulls, or cheeky cocktails from £3.95! There's nowhere better on a hot day than The Rule beer garden. It catches the sun all day, where you can smell the fresh flowers and hear the birds tweeting. The Rule also has the BIGGEST screen in St Andrews for showing all live sport, plus two sky boxes to show multiple sports at the same time. The weekend entertainment varies from live bands to DJ's, bringing the house down from 9pm with the best in classic and current music.
The Rule is offering a fantastic 20% discount to WSC participants.
Kingarroch at The Byre
- Kingarroch is ideally placed on your route around the congress as it is situated inside the Byre Theatre. Their restaurant is the 2nd venue for Kingarroch and it's a great place to eat at any point during the day - they have lunch, pre-theatre and normal A La Carte menus as well as cocktails.